Last week I concluded the last ‘first’ of my 2013 season as an athlete and triathlete with the conclusion of my first half marathon on Thanksgiving day (race recap here). While the last major event of 2013 concluded I still have an additional month to go before starting my 2014 training. While I have lightened my training load allot to focus primarily on running and weight lifting, I have refused to abandoned the process that has brought me so much success, weekly goal setting and reflection.
As mentioned previously, last weeks entire focus was centered on 13.1 miles of running through Atlanta. I did not have any other loftier goals than to run the distance and then eat some turkey(I found turkey was a minor desire to my craving for carbs afterwards). The taper and lead up to this major milestone was executed flawlessly and I was ready, able and prepared on race day.
This then leaves looking ahead at December which will be my final off season month before I have to start focusing on the 2014 race season. Like this year I intend to put together a plan and give myself the tools necessary to execute that plan. December technically is a setup month leading to January and the start of my 2014 season. I only have one 5k race in December to wrap up my season, which will conclude running all the Kennesaw Grand Prix series races (6 in total).
First Week December Goals
- Try to keep loosing weight. Weight has been an odd thing for my and I found I was at 296 for a while. Last month I reduced this to 290 and I would like to continue to push this number lower towards the start of my 2014 season.
- Switch weight lifting from light, high repetitions to heavier repetitions. Unlike last month the goal here is three to four set of ten to twelve reps at a heavier weight.
- Continue to work on running, spinning and occasionally swimming. I want to ramp my swimming up more by the end of this month.
- Continue to develop a plan for next year and setup a race schedule.
- Monday – Weights and Spin
- Tuesday – Treadmill running and swimming/Evening Pilates
- Wednesday – Spin and Swim
- Thursday – Treadmill speed workout and spin/Evening spin class
- Friday – Weights and swim
- Saturday or Sunday – 5 mile run.
Its pretty basic week. As I said, I wanted to try and work in a few more swim workouts back into my schedule. Its the off season so I am not married to this schedule and will change it if I desire. I had a great Thanksgiving and probably ate way too much and did nothing more than walk after the half for too long. I am eager to get back to the gym and to start tackling and preparing for the final 5k and next years race training. Til next time.
- Eleven Months Down, One To Go (letstalkandwalk.com)
- First Week of Off Season In the Books and Looking Ahead (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Lazy Week: Off Season Week 4 (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- My Love-Hate Relationship with The Treadmill Ends (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Got To Have An Exit Strategy (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Treadmill Hill Repeats and My December Goals (absgoldberg.wordpress.com)
- I Survived the Seattle Half Marathon (pnwrunner.com)
- Double Digits!!!! (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- The Final ‘First’ For the Year…Finished First Half Marathon (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Time To ‘Earn My Turkey’ (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)