I am almost at the two months and counting point and I am getting excited. I had a pretty busy week this week, but unfortunately, without the routine schedule of a job, some things suffered a bit. I still pulled off getting two brick type of workouts in and I completed eight hours of training. I wanted a few more hours, but missing a few run workouts sorta messed things up a bit. Good news includes the fact I found a job and will shortly be back to work and able to set a schedule. While this is exciting and great news, its furthermore a new challenge to the workout schedule. While working from home I was usually able to have some lee way as I rarely had to get in traffic and I could workout on my lunch break. Now I have to figure in a strict time schedule to workout in before or after work. This is going to be a challenge as I was hoping to try and ramp up my training a bit a few weeks before I start my two week pre-race taper. I guess I will just have to figure it out and push forward as best as possible. This also means I might be blogging a bit more sporadically, this will depend upon time available.
- I think I have a job and should be starting it soon, probably next Monday.
- I feel like I am getting a bit faster in my runs. I need to keep working on this up to the two week taper.
- Swimming has begun to focus on swimming 400 meter sets and heavy drills to prepare for the coming race. Weekly meterage has begun to level off due to this preparation.
- The weather has still been hit or miss here in Atlanta and I have been staying indoors. If the weather stays nice, I might be able to actually get out and get some experience riding for a bit.
- I completed roughly 8 hours this week, including a run/ spin brick and a swim/spin brick.
Week 9 and Counting by the numbers
I achieved two solid runs this week, even though my goal was to complete three. But the bricks are beneficial and greatly help me to asses my fitness levels. I know I have been complaining about my unemployment and its effect on my training, but really I have only myself to blame for the lackluster effort to get out there and get these workouts in. Eight hours is not terrible and the bricks I performed have a function and purpose in preparing me for my upcoming race. They just pack a punch and I do not want to do too many of them too soon and injure or wear myself out. Hopefully soon I will be starting my new job and I can get myself into a rhythm and workable schedule again. Not my best week, but still another solid week of work all aiming to further my preparation for my first triathlon that is coming up shortly. Til next time.
- Saturday Brick (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Second Brick… Kinda (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Chatter Does A Brick (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- 9 Weeks and Counting: Weekly Goals (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)