Hard to believe I am almost two months away from my first triathlon. The time is flying by and I am reminded every day of the work I still have to do to prepare and be as ready as possible come race time. For now I will settle with finishing this month and getting through my last base building month. I know I am ready now and that the work I do this month will provide extra speed and endurance for the months ahead.
Without getting ahead of myself, the task at hand is simple: do what needs to be done today and worry about tomorrow when the day is done. Now is for doing and I have laid out a plan to get me to the start line of my first triathlon and beyond.
9 Weeks and Counting Goals
- 3 Spin sessions, at least zone 2 with some zone 3 work.
- Run should be focused on interval speed work with goal of getting faster in the run.
- 1 Strength session
- 3 Swim workouts with focus on race distance and stroke drills.
- 1 Swim workout needs to include some backstroke and breast stroke work.
- Possibly finish week with a swim/spin brick.
- Keep working towards finding employment.
I have an engagement tomorrow to go to so I will have to miss this weeks Pilates session. Additionally, my stomach felt a bit off this morning and I am now behind on my daily workouts. Due to this I plan to get a swim session in today and tomorrow I will do a spin session and a run session, separated by several hours. One will be in the morning and the other will be in the evening. Good thing is this run is a very long slow interval session, so doing the quicker intervals on Wednesday should still work out ok, without too much leg strain. Should be interesting to see where things end up by the weeks end. I hate missing Monday workouts, but with the super bowl last night and an upset stomach this morning, I just have to roll with the punches and go to work. Should be a fun week. Til next time.
- Another Step Towards Awesome (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- 2013 A Look Ahead (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)