Its amazing how fast things are moving now that 2013 is here. As of today I have 76 more days till I get my first taste of swim, bike and run. 76 more days til I finally get to put everything together and see how well my training plan has worked… 76 more days til I will complete my second major goal since I started this crazy adventure(first was a 5k run). Of course, life has to throw drama into the mix as well and make things difficult. I am a creature of habit, so now that I am looking for employment, my schedule is turned on its head. I am used to getting up in the morning, getting the first workout completed and then going to work and later , either during lunch or before dinner finishing the second workout. Currently, I have been sleeping in a bit since I do not have to punch a clock. While this week is a recovery week, this is still terrible as I procrastinate to get to the gym to complete the light workouts I have planned for the week.
So this week involves mostly testing and some light base workouts, mostly to keep my fitness up and to help preserve the progress I developed the previous weeks in this phase. I do not want to get to the next phase and have to re-work the some of the levels and progress I have gained. So this week is an easy, low intensity and just go and do it week. I want to evaluate a few metrics, but overall I just want to get into a simple rhythm to get me through this week. Also, it will help with the stress of job hunting that I currently am undertaking.
11 Weeks and Counting Goals: Unemployed and Searching Style:
- I am shooting for 5-6 hours of training this week
- Swimming is focused heavily on drills and more drills. I would like to do some work swimming 400 meter sets as its the distance I have to cover in my first triathlon
- Swimming also will include some additional focus on practicing and working on other swimming strokes.
- Running – I want to focus on easy and relaxed runs this week. The goal is to just move and feel the rhythm. Spend a week not worrying about intervals.
- Running – I want to do one 5k run just to figure out pacing and re-align my pacing
- Bike- Still a bit cold for bike rides, focus instead on simple long ride on the spin bike. Lower heart rate zone and probably only one session.
- I would like to incorporate a Pilates session into this workout week
- Find a job
- Summarize base 4 phase and figure out next phase goals.
- Monday: Swim – Test 400 meter times and just get back to working out
- Tuesday – Run and Pilates – run will be a 5k to test and reanalyze times
- Wednesday – Swim – drills and stroke work
- Thursday – Long spin – probably only spin session – just to help keep legs warmed up and moving
- Friday – Long run – go out and run and just have fun running
- Saturday/Sunday – Off. Get ready for the last full month of volume specific training.
Pretty basic set of recovery goals. The biggest focus is on keeping fitness levels up but letting the mind and body rest a little bit heading forward to my final regular month of training before I start my race specific training month. Once I find employment, a new adaptation to my schedule will have to occur as I will have to head back into a commute and working from an office so I will have to adapt that into my training strategy. It is a factor I am looking at while I am searching for employment, location of gyms and potential running locations, of course on top of normal factors. Til next time.
- End of Week 13 Goals: Another week of Awesome! (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- 12 Weeks To Go: Heading to Triathlon (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- On the road again (onelovelyrun.wordpress.com)
- 2013 A Look Ahead (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- My Weekly Triathlon Training Brick (iowatribob.com)
- 2012 The Year That Changed Everything For Me (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- No Turning Back! (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)