As of today I am 83 days away from participating in my first triathlon. Over the last several months I have worked hard to condition myself and prepare myself for this event. As I had little fitness when I started this has been a long and sometimes arduous journey. Since October I have worked to go beyond base fitness and I have been striving to become better and more able to handle the stresses involved with a triathlon. I understand I am only doing a sprint distance triathlon, but I believe you train to the best of your ability for everything you attempt. For me, right now, this is my Ironman, this is my 1000 foot wall I have to climb. Physically I have never attempted anything at this level of difficulty. Yes, its not 140.06 or 70.03, but it feels like it to me, and I take that mindset into my training. This and every race I plan to this year is a big deal regardless of distances. I will go out and tackle each and everyone of them as if it is the most important race of my life. And my training will reflect this commitment.
So my goals for this week are pretty basic. Ge through this week and get to the recovery week. My workout plans are pretty much the same as last week and I am aiming for around the same number of training hours. This week will feel like a success if I get a solid volume of work at the end.
Week 13 Goals: Falcons Going to NFC Championship Edition:
- 9 hours of strong workouts
- 3 Interval runs similar to last week
- 3 spin sessions with one being an interval session
- 3 swim sessions – 2 with at least 2000 meters and one with drills
- Continue working on other strokes in the pool
- Get through this week and into recovery week
Nothing super big this week, just a basic volume week. The week before a recovery week is always a difficult week. But it is a great week to push things a bit as the following week is a reduced work week. This week should be a good one with some big workouts and numbers in the end. Til next time.
- A Tale of Two Athletes (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- 2013 A Look Ahead (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- No Turning Back! (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)