Hard to believe I have survived through 30 weeks of struggle and training. This week I will start the 3rd base phase outlined in the Triathlon Training Bible. Base 3’s focus, like the previous 2 base phases purely relies on increasing muscular endurance. Each base phase is supposed to witness an increase in workout hours through the progression. The first two base phases I progressed the hours well and increased my workout times gradually. The last phase ( summary and review up later) hour wise was not terrible, but not as good as I wanted. In light of my desire to try and up the intensity a little bit, I am going to focus on the basics this week: solid running, biking and swimming. The plan will be to focus on getting all workouts in as planned and pushing the comfort limits a little bit. The end goal will enable the following week’s workouts to build upon each other. The hardest thing with a vacation is the disruption in schedule and getting back on pace and track with the pre-vacation established routine. But I am determined to get my but going again and get myself ready for next March and my first Triathlon.
Week 30 Goals: Get my but in gear style
- Aim for 9 hours of training – minimum of 8 hours
- Continue to aim for a complete mile (1500 meters) continuous swimming via 3 sessions through out the week
- Run at least 3 times this week, and on the long day run 4 miles – on short days including speed – push for minimum of 3 miles.
- Get 2 spin sessions and 1 bike session
- Complete at least 1 strength and 1 Pilates session
- Enter calories and track food seriously
- Loose gained weight and water weight from cruise
- Post trip details including open water ocean swimming experience!
Friday: Long Run/Swim
Saturday: Long Bike
Sunday: Watch Football
Pretty simple set of goals. As I mentioned earlier, this week establishes the following weeks of this phase so I need to treat it seriously and get myself going strong. While I aim to push this phase for some serious numbers, I will continue to listen to my body and adjust as I feel is needed. I should have a good week of working out as I had a good relaxing vacation and light workouts last week. Time to get busy and get this next four week phase going. Til next time.
- Base 2 Phase Goals (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)
- Base 1 Phase 3 Week Review (chatterdoesfitness.wordpress.com)