Back from vacation and I am trying to kick my but into gear, pushing forward with the training. Before looking forward I first need to review the highlights of my vacation/recovery week. Through out this week I will post pictures and detail specifics of some of my snorkeling and ocean open water swimming exploits as well running on the ship’s track. I did not finish as much run training as I wanted, but it was my vacation and I still got tons of swimming experiences. So, week 29 will be a short and sweet highlights update with promises of more vacation/recovery details in later posts. Wanted to get the wrap up of last week out of the way. Hope everyone enjoyed my replacement posts for last week.
Week 29 Highlights: Caribbean Style
- Swam almost a mile in the ocean. I promise I will post details and video later. Very cool learning experience and it was awesome I was able to do this swim.
- 1 Run on ship track for 2 miles. Vacation busyness detracted from other running opportunities
- Grand Turk snorkeling provided an amazing experience and swimming with fins seemed to work out the legs pretty heavily.
- Spent tons of time with the wife and took a ton of pictures and video!
- Relaxed and got charged up for the last planned base periodization phase (might switch a build phase to a 4th base/endurance phase)
- Completed 4 hours of recovery week workouts.
No numbers this week as the workouts were pretty statistically uninteresting. I will post some of the details of the cruise and pictures once I get this weeks goals posted and a summary of my Base 2 phase numbers and summary. Last week’s vacation provided a perfect distraction from the built up hum drum of work, training and life… its time to get back to work now and get geared up for my first triathlon 3 1/2 months away. Til next time.