Working to get things caught up a little and that means end of the week analysis for last week and new goals for this week. This weekend was chaotic as I had an early Thanksgiving with my family and went for a tortuous bike ride with my brother. I will have that bike ride recap up either today or tomorrow, depending on total volume I decide to put out today and how busy I get with work. So look for that.
I have mentioned before that this phase will have 5 weeks because I want to do the recovery week aboard a cruise ship, which will be after four weeks of regular hour work in this phase. I have not knocked out the first two weeks of the Base 2 phase and I have two weeks to go. I wanted to increase the hours to around nine to ten for this last week, but felt sluggish and lethargic all week long. Also, I had several conflicting commitments like doctors appointments come up. So the hours were less than what I wanted. Besides missing a run workout and a spin class and strength session, I feel I still had a solid week regardless of sluggishness.
Week 26 In Review: Highlights
- Upped my max continuous swim distance from 250 meters to 400 meters (This means I was able to swim 8 50 meter laps without stopping).
- Hit an all time high in meters swam for the week
- Long run was shorter than longest in the past, but course being ran is a little bit more difficult.
- Total run miles were not bad for only two days.
- Bike ride was under 20 miles but was on brutal hill with broken chain (details to come).
- Another good Pilates week.
- Tracked food and dropped from 300 to 298 pounds (Ate calories to match exertion and cause less than 1000 calorie deficit)
Week 26 By The Numbers
I am trying a new format with the chart that is similar to what I use for summarizing the periodization phase completion. Its a breakaway from the spreadsheets I use to track my results and progress. I am also playing with Strava as it looks like its elevation correction mixed with the data taken from my watch looks more accurate to what I experienced while riding. Not a big deal in running as much but it does seem to matter more in biking. I am trying to add some basic biking stats now as well and hope to have a better grasp on the stats I want to use. Have not logged that many miles in yet, but it will probably start to get separated in the next update. Til next time.