Trying to keep this week from being a total wash has been difficult so far. I have been feeling unmotivated and very tired all week, not sure what is going on. I need to kick my but and try to finish the week off strong. Of course I am running out of days. I did not do too much yesterday as my wife needed the car to go to her mothers last evening, as well I was feeling very unmotivated and did not fight her taking the car too hard.
Wednesdays run was difficult to say the least. My legs felt like lead and even though I was trying to slow my pace, I might as well have crawled. I started out aiming at a pace around 15 minute mile and all was going well. I stretched my legs and loosened my muscles. I got a good solid warm up before starting. But once I started running, I realized right away that it was going to be an off run. The legs never felt good even though the heart rate and lungs were fine. I ended up running an easy 3 miles that was way slower than my last several 3 mile runs, two of the miles I was not trying to go slow, but fought just to finish. I have no clue why my body did not want to respond and why I was having so much difficulty.
- Weather – its getting colder than what I am used to running, not the coldest I have ran in.
- Path – I ran from my house instead of the gym, not as familiar with the route and it might be a slight bit more hilly.
- sleep – all week I have been feeling lethargic an sleepy. With the elections on Tuesday and my race in the early hours Sunday(report here) my sleep has been irregular this week. I have had a hard time getting regular sleep. This has effected my schedule as I have slept through morning workouts.
- Clothing – sounds stupid, but I have a pair of compression shorts I prefer to run in. They were dirty so I wore the pair that do not seem to work very well.
- food and time of day – usually I run in the morning an hour after eating oatmeal and a Greek yogurt. I ran on Wednesday in the evening after eating salmon and a potato.
- just a bad running day – nothing in particular, it could just be one of those days where things were not clicking.
I really have no clue what happened to my run on Wednesday. I know I have to get out there and get a long run in today. I also know I have to overcome this lethargy and get my act together. I want to get two solid training weeks before the cruise and recovery. I feel right now that I have not been progressing and that is because I have been so lethargic. Still hoping with today’s long run and this weekend’s activity I will be able to pull out the week and finish it strong so I can go into next week on a positive note. Hopefully today’s run will be better. On a side note, earlier in the week I asked for people to post photos where they felt like a bad ass, would like to see more. Also, please consider donating to my Tour De Cure diabetes fund raising. Click the banner at the bottom of the post and give today. Next May I will be riding, but right now is the time to raise some money and give back to the fight for diabetes. Thank you to everyone who has donated early. Til next time.