Recently on the Fit for A Year blogging site 10 questions regarding running were posted based on posts from Whitness the fitness, who took the questions from http://www.anothermotherrunner.com. I figured I would also give them a try as much as possible. Might be a little difficult as I am still relatively new to this. So note that all my answers are based in a 5 month window. So its question and answer time:
- What was your most memorable run? The first time I ran for 20 minutes without stopping. I never dreamed of running so long, back in May I would have been lucky to finish 30 seconds. This was more moving for me than when I ran 30 minutes or 40 minutes for the first time.
- Three words that describe my running. Slow,Improving, Persistent
- What running shoes do you use and What gear can you not live without? Asics 2170’s. Even though I really love them I want to try lighter shoes. Also do not forget to mention the Sole insoles, a must have. I cannot live without my RoadID bracelet and my Timex Global Trainer Watch. Also, my road ID headsweats hat and my Sansa Fuze player!!! Otherwise I could run naked and not care, as long as I have these items I am happy.
- Do you have any quirky habits while running? Does talking to myself out loud count?
- When do you run, morning, midday or evening? In the summer I prefer morning as it is cooler out, otherwise I try to go when it is the next coolest out or after work. As long as I get the workout in I am happy.
- Does the weather stop you running? I have not had to deal with too much weather besides heat so far. Guess I have been lucky.
- Have you had a running injury? Bursitis of the knee after 2 weeks on the C25k program while using treadmills and not having good insoles in my shoes. Oddly this is what lead me to choose to do triathlons as well as 5ks, the doctor told me to rehab by walking in the pool. The rest is history.
- I felt most like a badass runner when… I ran for 45 minutes completing 2.5 miles. Yes its slow, but just the week before I was struggling with 2 miles and here I was running 2.55 miles.
- My next race is… I had planned one for October the 6th but injury has sidelined this, so now its the Monster Dash 5k October 27 permitting the doctor allows me to go back to training.
- Running goals for 2013. Run a 10k. Of course that is if I have ran a 5k by then. Setbacks have made this tricky. Also, run a 5k in a triathlon.
How would you answer the questions above?
Til next time…