Last week was such a disappointing week. But, today is the start of a new week and so I need to take last weeks disappointments and set goals for this week to rectify those. Instead of just posting my goal workouts, I am going to try and set some specific external goals as well. These action items will be achievable goals with measurable outcomes that I think will be just as important as my targeted workout goals.
First my work out goals for the week. They are not much different than last weeks, but I hope to get more hours in this week. I have been under 6 hours a week so far, I want to get at least an additional hour of work in this week.
- Monday: Tempo Run/Drill and speed swim
- Tuesday: Weight Lifting/Spin class
- Wednesday: Speed Run/ Intensive endurance swim
- Thursday: Weight Lifting
- Friday: 2 mile easy run
- Saturday: Open water swim/Long run – 3 miles is the goal
- Sunday – Spin Class – 2 in a row
So there are my workout goals. Note I have not been successful in getting in weight lifting or the Sunday spin class in before. Both are direct results of how my body feels from running or other workouts. Also, Saturday might be difficult as the open water swim usually wears me out. But I really want to hit 3 miles this week so I will have to play it by ear.
My other goals for the week that are not visible in the workout schedule:
- Make all 3 swim workouts (I missed some last week)
- Try to start in the morning with the run work outs (Not a good start this morning, but there are other days left)
- 7-8 Hours of sleep everyday
- Blog once a day except on the weekends
- Eat healthy and list food in livestrong/daily plate
- Start reading Hunger Games (I promised my wife I would do this forever ago)
- Do something around the house 3 times in the week as per wife’s wants
I think that is a pretty good weekly set of goals to aim for. At the end of the week I will assess both sets of goals like I did last week. I am really digging this process of making my blog a record of accountability for my goals and progress.
If you like the picture I used or the one in my banner, both are from a collection of photographs I took from Hunting Island State Park SC. If you want to see additional photographs click the picture to be taken to the public album.
Those are my goals, what are yours? Til next time…