In an earlier post I laid out my weekly goals based on a challenge from two other wonderful blogs in the word press sphere. Shortly after publishing my weekly goals I found another wonderful post detailing more large scale or long term goals. So I figured I would lay mine out there for at least my next athletic year. Maybe during my birthday in December or earlier I will revisit them.
Chatter’s Long Term Goals:
- Lose Weight – This has actually morphed more into slimming down the waist and getting healthier and fitter, but I still would like to lose some pounds. Of course, my training has made this a struggle of its own. I talked about this in an earlier post if you are interested, can be found here.
Run 30 Minutes– I include this because it was one of my goals. This Sunday I completed this goal running for almost 2 miles for the first time ever. Post can be found here if you are interested.
- Run 3 Miles – Should have this one beat pretty soon.
- Run a 5k. Have not paid for it yet but I am planning on doing my first October 6th.
- Run sub 45 minute 5k. Eventually this will morph into sub 30 5k.
- Conquer open water swimming – I have come a long way, but open water swimming still requires some work.
- Get a bike and become efficient.
- Enter a triathlon – Next March if dates hold true from this years events.
- Do a season of triathlons – I have my schedule together and I am ready to make it happen. I also have set up a periodization work out and training plan. If I am going to do this, I want to do it right.
- Do a triathlon or two outside of my home state.
- Finish the season trying to do an Olympic/International distance race.
- Try to get a late season Backpack trip or two in .
- Not forget to balance life and work while training and get in shape, remember all the people and other things that are important.
- Be in the best shape of my life by December 2013 when I turn 40!!!
So there are my long term goals, mostly as I wrote them down 3 months ago. I have added to them a bit, but most of them have stayed true. It is good to look at them every so often and reassess and see where I am at with my progress and my goals.
What are your long term goals you are striving for?
Til next time.